Throughout the year Tarporley CE Primary School will be taking part in many competitive sports tournaments allowing multiple opportunities for our children to 'Let their Lights Shine'. This is possible due to the commitment of staff and parents and a desire by the children to participate.
These competitions are for students and run by students. The primary school pupils gain experience of playing in a team, and the secondary school pupils (who help to run many of these events) gain experience of leadership and responsibility through leading and officiating. Such a fabulous approach ties in with out BOOKS approach to our curriculum showing 'Bravery, embracing Opportunities, Outward Facing children, Knowledge and Skills being gained and Spirituality being embraced in all we do.
These competitions are a partnership between all the local schools and there will be 30 competitions taking place across the academic year. We would ask that parents concentrate their efforts on encouraging their child and team. Please could all parents read and adhere to the code of conduct which is has been sent home to all pupils and is at the bottom of this web page. The main points are:
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and participate within them
- Discourage challenging or arguing with officials.
- Publicly accept officials' judgments.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Set a good example by recognising good sportsmanship and applauding the good performances of all.
- Never force a child to take part in sport.
- Try to ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the activity and has plenty to drink.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Never punish or belittle a child for poor performance or making mistakes.
- Support your child's involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.