Tarporley CE Primary School – Consultation on changing the closing time of the last day of term.
Consultation – 26th October 2023 – 23rd November 2023
Proposed Introduction – 21st December 2023
Comments Received on End of School Day Consultation
The following comments have been received by parents regarding the consultation to end the school day at 1.30pm on the last day of each term.
1. Dear Mrs Forrester and Mr Fry, In response to your consultation I would fully endorse changing the time at the end of each term to 1.30pm for the reasons outlined in your proposal.
2. Good evening, I truly believe a half day on the last day of term would be beneficial for all concerned.
My children are certainly tired by the time half term comes round plus it makes it special to be allowed to finish school early.
3. We’re supportive and understand the rationale.
4. It’s a yes from me to finish early at the end of term! Have a lovely half term, hope you get some rest! God bless.
5. Just looked at the survey the high school finish at 2pm not 1.30 and there was no comment box so thought I'd email you , I would support a 2pm finish .
6. Dear Mr Chris Fry,
The school has pointed to your email to receive comments about the new proposal to end the school year earlier at the end of term. Apologies for writing, however I have been unable to gain access to the survey. I have to admit I am very divided by the suggestion, I do not find the statistic of 37.5 percent of children having siblings in Tarporley high school useful, this tells me that the majority of the school (62.5 percent) do not. The school has not demonstrated with this statistic it is thinking about the majority of students and families.
I would also ask, has analysis shown the drop in attendance on last days to be amongst this cohort? No data has been given for this, the argument would be better supported with the data. We do not have two children, but actually have family in Cheshire East, if I'd been asked, I would have loved to align with their holidays so that our daughter can spend time with her cousins. I understand this is difficult though. I also do not believe that this will encourage higher attendance rates, I suspect they will stay the same, time will tell.
The school are prepared to extend the treehouse facilities for those of us who need it (we do). However, I can only assume this will be of extra cost to the parents and therefore be a disadvantage financially. I question how our daughter will feel 'having' to spend extra time in tree house, she doesn't wish to attend on occasion and wishes she was like the other boys and girls getting picked up at the end of school from her classroom. I will certainly feel pressure to pick her up as early as possible which is difficult whilst working full time. Finally, as an aside, I would hope the school will stagger the end time with the secondary school as I imagine significant traffic issues within Tarporley if both schools end at the same time.