Emotional Management Programme
Mental Health and Wellbeing
"Mental health is a state of well-being in which every individual realises his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community". (World Health Organization)
"Let Your Light Shine" (Matthew 5:16) We know that for our children to reach their full potential, they need strong mental health and resilience.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and “dare to be different”
- encourage and promote a Growth Mindset
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
A key part of the toolkit for our children and families is the Emotional Management Programme for Children from The Happiness Club
The full guide for parents is attached to this page. It includes these posters showing the tools for Ks1 and Ks2, should you wish to use these at home.