Early Years Curriculum
EYFS curriculum at Tarporley CE:
As a church school, we approach all that we do through our Christian Values which are embedded throughout our curriculum. We follow the statutory Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and have designed a curriculum which ensures all our children are able to ‘let their light shine’ (Matthew 5:16) Our class curriculum map, progression document and text planning for the year can be found at the bottom of this page. The whole school follows the BOOKS approach:
- BRAVERY- our curriculum sets high expectations of all learners. We encourage our children to be brave, take risks and show resilience in the face of challenges. The characteristics of effective learning are embedded in our classroom as we help our children to play and explore, become active learners and think critically.
- OUTWARD FACING- we learn about the world beyond our school. We encourage our children to see themselves as part of a global community which can affect change through courageous advocacy (please see the tab at the top of the page for more information).
- OPPORTUNITIES- we create memories! We want the children’s time in reception to instil a life-long love of learning and make sure that new knowledge sticks. Our ambitious curriculum provides learning inside and outside of the classroom and recognises the importance of cultural capital in preparing children for life beyond school.
- KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING- knowledge is key. We have a progressive EYFS curriculum that ensures all children can achieve by giving them the knowledge and skills to thrive in the next stage of their learning.
- SPIRITUALITY- our classroom ethos is led by our Christian values. EYFS staff nuture the whole child by developing their social, moral, cultural and spiritual well-being.