As a school we receive additional funding for our 'Pupil Premium' children to enable them to 'Let their Lights Shine' This money we receive is based on the numbers of pupils in the school who are eligible for Free School Meals [FSM]within the last 6 years.
In order that all of our learners grow and reach their full potential, we have a curriculum that:
Create memorable OPPORTUNITIES
Develop KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
…while always having high-quality BOOKS and reading at the heart of our teaching and learning!
As in previous years, continue to use the pupil premium to improve the attainment of your disadvantaged pupils. The disproportionately high impact of COVID-19 on the education of disadvantaged pupils makes this more important than ever.
For 2021 to 2022, you are required to:
- use your recovery premium alongside your pupil premium funding and report on your use of them as a single sum in your strategy statement
- publish your strategy statement by 31 December 2021 - this enables you to take the needs of your new intake into account
- demonstrate how your spending decisions are informed by a range of evidence
Please find the Pupil Premium Statement below.
Free School Meals & Pupil Premium
If your child does not have Free School Meals, but may be eligible because of your family’s income level, please contact the office [in confidence] to register them. Even if you do not wish them to have meals, this would mean the school could still claim Pupil Premium Funding that may be used to help your child.
Pupils in receipt of pupil premium at Tarporley CE Primary School are carefully monitored to ensure they make progress and 'Let their Light Shine' in comparison to their peers; both within their classroom, across the year group and nationally.
School attainment data shows are pupils are embracing opportunities and making progress. However, in certain cases, additional intervention is provided if school feels progress is below national average.
Pupil premium children also benefit from extra curricular activities provided by school and outside agencies. These opportunities ensure pupils benefit from the wider aspect of school life.
2020-2021 Strategy and Impact Report can be found below.
2019-2020 Strategy and Impact Report
Due to COVID-19 the strategy and impact of our PP children was affected. Please see full statement below to see the additional strategies put in place.
Tarporley CE Primary School is approximately 12 miles from Chester. It is a one form entry school with 225 children on roll. Our school culture of 'Inspire. Achieve. Enjoy. Together.' begins with the needs of the child and reaches out to the family and to the future. We want Tarporley Church of England Primary School to be a place where we all inspire a love of learning and respect for all, where individuals are encouraged to reach their full potential.
We currently have 22 pupil premium children on roll; this is 9.7% of the school.
At Tarporley CE Primary School we adopt a tiered approach to Pupil Premium spending. This consists of ensuring quality teaching is happening in every class and that every teacher is supported to keep improving. Targeted academic support will be given to children where necessary. A wide-range of other strategies will be given to individual children to meet their needs.
Please find full strategy and impact statement below.
Pupil Premium Results 2018-2019
- Between July18 and 19 the gap was narrowed between PP and non PP in Reading in Yr1, 2 and 5; Maths in Yr2, 3 and 5; Writing in Yr2 and 5.
- KS2 - 10.5% of pupils (4 of 38) in 18/19 Y6 cohort were in receipt of PP
- 50% of these pupils were on the SEND register
- 50% of these pupils achieved the expected standard in RWM combined
- 25% of these pupils achieved exceeding standard in RWM combined
- KS1 – 8.8% of pupils (3 of 34) in 18/19 Y2 cohort were in receipt of PP
- 0% of these pupils were on the SEND register
- 100% of these pupils achieved the expected standard in RWM
- 66% of these pupils achieved exceeding standard in Reading combined
‘Let Your Light Shine’ (Matthew 5:16)
LOVE, FRIENDSHIP, TRUST, HOPE, FORGIVENESS, JOY & CELEBRATION