Our Headteacher - Mrs Kerry Forrester
As Headteacher of our friendly Church of England primary school, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our school website. I hope this gives you a flavour of all the opportunities and exciting things that happen here at Tarporley Church of England Primary School enabling our children, staff and families to 'Let their Lights Shine.'
We believe education is a partnership between school, home, the church and the community and for that reason we encourage the participation of parents/carers in the learning process and in school life.
Christian Vision and Values
As a Church of England school our Christian Vision of 'Let Your Light Shine so that people mat see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven' (Matthew 5:6). Our vision is at the heart of everything we do and is lived out via our school values. Th vais vision and values were chosen through a whole school consultation led by our Ethos Group.
Our Vision here at Tarporley Church of England Primary school is:
‘Let Your Light Shine’ (Matthew 5:16)
Learning within a Christian Heritage, since 1849
With Christian values at our core, we nurture a love of learning and inspire everyone to let their light shine. Our school community centres on the needs of our children who are encouraged to be the best they can be in all aspects of school life and to embrace opportunities as their journey continues.
Joy & Celebration
Our school has a wonderful Christian ethos which runs throughout the school. You will find an atmosphere which is hard working, exciting, fun and full of quality learning. We have a fantastic team of teachers and teaching assistants who provide a high standard of education and care, and a community of pupils who care and respect one another and who have positive attitudes towards both work and behaviour.
This environment helps us all to communicate and engage in learning activities together in the hope of achieving excellence for all and embracing our school aims.
At Tarporley CE Primary we aim to:
- Create an enjoyable, safe and nurturing ethos that allows all individuals to develop spiritually, morally and socially.
- Promote caring, sensitive and inclusive attitudes where individuals feel confident, secure, valued and respected by others.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum which challenges, celebrates and develops the potential of each child.
- Create a stimulating environment, which encourages enthusiasm for lifelong learning and promotes an expectation of high standards.
- Develop a successful and lasting partnership between home, school, the Church and the wider community.
OUR PRINCIPLES - At Tarporley Church of England Primary School are that we:
- Keep the child at the heart of everything we do
- Value and respect everyone and everything
- Demonstrate a positive approach
- Work as a team
- Embrace challenges and opportunities
OUR CURRICULUM APPROACH
At Tarporley, our hope is that all our children flourish so they can live life in all its fullness. John 10:10
In order that all learners grow and reach their full potential, we want our curriculum to:
Create memorable OPPORTUNITIES
Develop KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
…while always having high-quality BOOKS and reading at the heart of our teaching and learning!
If you would like any more information about our wonderful school feel free to phone 01829 708188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment to visit.
'Let Your Light Shine that people may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven'
If, as a parent of a pupil attending our school, you require a paper copy of the information on this website, we shall provide this free of charge.