Free School Meals & Pupil Premium
2020-2021 Strategy can be found below.
2019-2020 Strategy and Impact Report
Due to COVID-19 the strategy and impact of our PP children was affected. Please see full statement below to see the additional strategies put in place.
Tarporley CE Primary School is approximately 12 miles from Chester. It is a one form entry school with 225 children on roll. Our school culture of 'Inspire. Achieve. Enjoy. Together.' begins with the needs of the child and reaches out to the family and to the future. We want Tarporley Church of England Primary School to be a place where we all inspire a love of learning and respect for all, where individuals are encouraged to reach their full potential.
We currently have 22 pupil premium children on roll; this is 9.7% of the school.
At Tarporley CE Primary School we adopt a tiered approach to Pupil Premium spending. This consists of ensuring quality teaching is happening in every class and that every teacher is supported to keep improving. Targeted academic support will be given to children where necessary. A wide-range of other strategies will be given to individual children to meet their needs.
Please find full strategy and impact statement below.
Pupil Premium Results 2018-2019
- Between July18 and 19 the gap was narrowed between PP and non PP in Reading in Yr1, 2 and 5; Maths in Yr2, 3 and 5; Writing in Yr2 and 5.
- KS2 - 10.5% of pupils (4 of 38) in 18/19 Y6 cohort were in receipt of PP
- 50% of these pupils were on the SEND register
- 50% of these pupils achieved the expected standard in RWM combined
- 25% of these pupils achieved exceeding standard in RWM combined
- KS1 – 8.8% of pupils (3 of 34) in 18/19 Y2 cohort were in receipt of PP
- 0% of these pupils were on the SEND register
- 100% of these pupils achieved the expected standard in RWM
- 66% of these pupils achieved exceeding standard in Reading combined