The eBook Library for Letters and Sounds is a step-by-step synthetic phonics teaching framework. The eBook Library for Letters and Sounds contains 100 books precisely matched to each of the phonics teaching Sets. It means that your child can enjoy reading books that practise the exact grapheme-phoneme correspondences that they have just been taught by their teacher.
Accessing the Oxford Owl student area
If your child has received login details from their teacher, they can access the student area by logging in at www.oxfordowl.co.uk. Before entering any details, please ensure the students tab is selected.
It is important to know what type of login to use as it will be one of the following:
- A class login – a login that teachers set up for the whole class to use. This will allow students to access all content available to them within the student area.
- An individual student login – a login that is unique to your child. When given a student login, your child will be able to access all content available to them and complete any homework their teacher has assigned to them.
Please note: If your child has been given an individual student login they should no longer use any class logins they might have used previously. They will still be able to access everything they need using their new student login.
For additional support helping your child login, visit our student login support page for more information.
Retrieving lost passwords
If your child uses a class login, they must speak to their teacher who will be able to remind them of the class password
If your child uses an individual student login and their teacher has registered your email address in the system, you will be able to retrieve the password yourself by following the Forgotten my login link which is accessible via the login screen. If your address has not been registered, your child must speak to their teacher who will be able to retrieve it for them.
Please note: Your child will only be assigned homework via Oxford Owl if their school has signed up to either:
- The Read Write Inc. Phonics eBook Library
- The eBook Library for Letters and Sounds
- Project X CODE
You should receive notice from your child’s teacher if they plan to start using Oxford Owl’s homework functionality.
Before completing homework on Oxford Owl your child must first log in to using their individual student login. For more support on how to help your child log in view guidance here.
To complete homework your child should:
- Click the Homework tab to view a list of all the homework they have been set by their teacher.
- Select the homework they would like to complete from the drop down list.
- Make a note of any additional instructions their teacher may have given them.
- Click the Read the eBook or Open activity button to open the homework in a new tab.
- Complete the eBook or activity as instructed. Once complete, they may then close the tab and return to their homework list.
- For eBooks, they must click the I’ve finished the eBook link next to the Read the eBook button which will allow them to rate the eBook using the faces provided.
- Navigate to the Progress area of Oxford Owl by clicking the Go to progress button that will appear once your child has rated the eBook.
Once these steps are completed your child will see that the homework has been added to their progress list and it will have been removed from their homework list.