“Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. “This is the first and great commandment. “And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself”
Tarporley CE is part of the Christian Aid Global Neighbours accreditation scheme and we are currently applying for our Bronze Award. We wish to provide our pupils with the information and skills needed to become aware of the links between the local and the global, and enable them to become active global citizens for change.
By helping pupils to claim their voice as global citizens, participation in the scheme will enable children to become courageous advocates in the world, from a local to a global level.
The Global Neighbours scheme supports any aspiring school to:
- Develop global citizenship/ courageous advocacy
- Advance the spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development of its pupils
- Strengthen its promotion of fundamental British values
- Enhance its religious education (RE)
- Promote critical thinking across the curriculum
- Strengthen links with the local community
We aim to nurture the values, attitudes, understanding and skills so that our children may realise their hopes and aspirations for a more just and sustainable world in which we can work together at a local, national and global levels.
You can view our Courage Advocacy Action Plan below:
Some of the areas we will be working on in school over the next few terms are:
- This Harvest supporting families around the world to grow lives free from poverty – through the donation of the school family and community
At Tarporley CE we have placed BOOKS at the heart of what we do.
- Demonstrate BRAVERY – we want our pupils to be Courageous Advocates! They embrace what they believe in and use their voices to be heard. We encourage them to give, act and pray (or reflect) to make a difference to issues they care about, both locally and nationally.
- Be OUTWARD-FACING – we want to empower our children to become global citizens with an ethos of action taking, challenging injustice and becoming agents of change. In doing so we transform ourselves, our relationships and our communities from a local level to the global. As a community we want to act against the root causes of global issues which need to be unearthed.
- Create memorable OPPORTUNITIES – the global dimension is woven throughout our broad and balanced curriculum. Our subject overview clearly outlines the opportunities for our children to let their light shine on a global platform.
- Develop KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS – through our carefully planned curriculum there is clear progression in the knowledge that the children acquire through different global causes. We want our children to have a deep understanding of the global links to their learning and play their part in becoming active global citizens.
- Nurture SPIRITUALITY – our Christian values are at the heart of our school. Through the parables of Christianity, we develop the idea of Jesus being a courageous advocate to inspire our children to become one too.
By participating in the Global Neighbours accreditation scheme, it supports to expand our ideas in weaving a global perspective into our current curriculum provision and encourages our children to become active global citizens.
You can view a subject overview of how Global Neighbours is being incorporated into our curriculum below.
- Working in partnership and developing active links between the school, parents and the wider community to develop positive attitudes to the global dimension and global citizenship
- Developing links with other schools, both nationally and globally.
Acts of Global citizenship will be praised in public in Friday Celebration Assembly.
Find out more about Global Neighbours below: